Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Daniel Dreams

Late last night (time unknown), I woke up to see Daniel's head lifted up off the pillow... And a very unusual and very frightening experience began.

-Me: What's wrong?
-Daniel: There is someone in our room. By the foot of the bed.
-Me: Are you serious? (The panic taking over my body because this is actually my worst fear and the very reason I slept with the bedroom door shut and locked all summer.)
-Daniel: Yes. He is holding our ankles.
-Me: Silence. Thinking: I do feel someone holding my ankles!!!

I start moving one of my legs. Daniel grabs it.

-Me: That's my leg.
-Daniel: Oh. Okay.

So it turns out that our feet had gotten tangled at the bottom of the bed. But I really did believe that someone was holding my ankles. And I almost had a heart attack.

-Me: Oh my gosh. I thought someone was actually there!
-Daniel: Oh. Yeah. (Beginning to fall asleep.)

-Me: So what would you have done if there had actually been someone?
-Daniel: I would have kicked them out of bed or something.
-Me: I see.

Thanks Daniel! It was really fun for me after you fell asleep again and I could not. Good times.


1 comment:

Like sisters musings about life... said...

ahahahahaha....I love creapy funnys...we lived in this old crappy apartment while Steve went to the Y...one night Steve had a dream that our piano..(a family heirloom) was warped. He screamed out in his sleep...Erin! The heater vent. Apparently he thought the heater vent was dripping water on to the piano....funny funny.