Friday, April 19, 2013

Some New Projects

We have been in a crafty mood around here lately.

This is a menu board that we made together. I LOVE it. I first saw this on a friend's blog here.  I thought it was genius! You write all of your most frequent meals on cards. Then you clip it onto the appropriate day of the week. When you are done, you pick new ones. This has eliminated one of the biggest (and most stressful) questions of my life: "What should I make for dinner this week?" I love that you can easily swap the cards if I change my mind, don't have time, eat out, etc., but I still remember what I have all the stuff for. It helps us to waste less food and have more variety.



This one is still a work in progress, but I'm afraid if I don't share it now, I never will. We are working on skylines of all the places we have lived together. We used a lot of vinyl, modge podge, and paint. We haven't finished California, and Oregon needs to be redone with a lighter paint color, but we are getting there. I love it so far.









Last, but not least, Will has discovered his love of crayons! He especially enjoyed decorating the thank you cards for his birthday presents.



We got him some toddler crayons (above), but we quickly switched over to the real things (below).





3 comments:

Ashley said...

those skylines are awesome i love that idea! how did you guys do the utah one? did you find one done and cut out the vinyl or are you guys artistic i am hoping the first one.

Alexa said...

We mostly found pictures online and then pieced them together to make the skyline for Utah. Then we cut that out of vinyl. It took a lot longer than the others, but we wanted places that meant something to us.

Krista Nielson said...

I'm so glad you found/love that menu board idea! It's been a life safer for me too. And I am extremely impressed with those skyline canvases. I never would have thought to use vinyl for that.