Sunday, September 15, 2013

New Recipes

I have recently tried a bunch of new recipes from Love to be in the Kitchen (lovetobeinthekitchen.com). Sometimes I plan my entire week's worth of dinners from this website. Becky does a great job of hunting down delicious recipes that are not too time consuming. Here are some of my favorites:

Hash Brown Quiche
Yum! This quiche does not have a normal pie crust, but has a hash brown crust instead. Delicious!

No-Bake Energy Bites
These are my new favorite snack. I have made 5 batches in the past few weeks. They are made with peanut butter, oats, coconut, and honey, so they are pretty healthy as far as a "treat" goes. I recently shared the recipe with my family and they love it too. They store really well in the freezer for a quick snack. All three of us love these.

Bacon Tomato and Guacamole Grilled Cheese
How can you go wrong with those ingredients? These are so tasty.

Pesto Mozzarella and Tomato Grilled Cheese
This only has a few ingredients, but is so flavorful!

Breakfast Sandwiches
Basically an Egg McMuffin. Mmm...

Steel Cut Oats
Love to be in the Kitchen is where I first learned about steel cut oats. I have had weeks where that is all I want to eat for breakfast. I like the texture so much better than regular oatmeal.

Grapefruit Sorbet
So refreshing! I ate the entire thing while Daniel was at Scouts one night.

Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
We have made these many times now. They don't last long at our house!


A few other favorites (not from Love to be in the Kitchen):

Black Bean Quesadillas
These are a favorite for a quick lunch or dinner. They freeze well too, so you can always have some on hand. We add some sour cream into the mix, too.

Cafe Rio Salad
I just discovered this 3 weeks ago and have made it twice since then. I CRAVE Cafe Rio Pork Salad all the time, but sadly, Washington does not have one. This is a pretty yummy substitute.

Baked Manicotti
This is a simple and fancy-looking dinner. It also freezes really well for dinner on a busy night (Can you tell I love to freeze things?!).


There you have it! Several of our latest favorite recipes.




No comments: