Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

Alexa and I bought a gingerbread house and set out to build it this Sunday. But, knowing how our attention could wane after the tedious work required to assemble those gingerbread houses, we planned ahead and put in the movie Elf.


But it didn't play, so we had to watch it on the laptop.


Here is our set before we began


And here is the house after we glued all the big pieces together! (for future reference, it's better to decorate all the pieces first. this assembly step should definitely be the last one).


Of course I had to sample the frosting as we went along. For all those that are curious, the beautiful handiwork on the roof- yes, it's mine.


Alexa has the deft hands, so she was the one to put the star on the tree...

...and most of the ornaments on the hard side of the tree.


And, more or less, this is our finished house! We also added a candy pathway


Ta da!

We set the timer for one last picture, and I couldn't resist smearing my gorgeous wife's face with some leftover frosting.


She was not very happy about that. Seriously.


So I let her gunk my face up. Aren't I nice?

No comments: