Thursday, October 2, 2014

1.5 Weeks to Go!

We have our induction date set! October 11th will be the birthday of our little twins (most likely). My doctors agreed that I could be induced at 38 weeks. However, if I wanted my own doctor to deliver them, I had to wait until he was on-call at the hospital. So, we will wait until October 11th (which is 38 weeks and 4 days). Four extra days seems like a long time, because we can't wait to meet them!

Until then, I am trying to sleep (though it has proved much more difficult this pregnancy) and keep Will entertained. We have been trying to have lots of play dates and outings (because those will not happen again for a VERY long time).

More "big brother practice" with Baby Jack

We still love swim lessons! 

We eat a lot of treats these days - like cannoli and gelato. Yum...

I also spend an extraordinary amount of time at doctors' appointments, ultrasounds, and non-stress tests. I would guess that  I have probably spent around 40 hours at the hospital over these past 6 weeks. I also have a weekly massage appointment (which insurance covers!), but those appointments are significantly more enjoyable.



Will is becoming more and more self-sufficient - whether I like it or not. He helps himself to whatever he wants these days. He is very good at dragging chairs or his potty to whatever he wants to reach. Sadly, there are not many places out of his reach anymore.

goldfish and toys from the off-limits diaper bag... 

apple chips for breakfast... 


delicious peaches...

The babies and I continue to grow. Here we are at almost 37 weeks. At an ultrasound this week, Baby A is estimated to be 7.5 lbs and Baby B is estimated to be 8.5 lbs. Oh my! The weights can be off by up to a pound in either direction, so I am just really hoping they are not any bigger than that! Surely not...


We are also getting excited for our visits from Grandma Tracy (the Harthun grandma) and Mimi (the Larsen grandma). Our visitors/HELPERS begin arriving this Saturday, so there probably won't be any more blogging until these cute babies are born.

2 comments:

Michelle Bretzing Jacobi said...

So excited for you guys! My husbands birthday is 10/11 and I think Lyla's birthday is 10/11! What a great day!

Becky said...

You look great! This is so exciting. That's such a blessing you have been able to carry them so long. Good luck with everything!