Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Surprise! We Moved!

Back in April, we moved to Everett, Washington (which is about 25 minutes north of Seattle). Hooray!

Daniel was offered a job with Boeing, and thankfully, they were willing to wait until after we had our baby.

We based our moving date on a few important pieces of information:
1) Some airlines won't let you fly with a baby that is less than 10 days old.
2) My doctor said that he would induce me if I was a week late.
3) You spend 2 days in the hospital for a normal delivery.
4) SO, the due date + 7 days to be induced + 2 days in the hospital + 10 days until the baby can fly = our moving date of April 9th!

That was our plan, and kindly, baby Will came a day before his due date, so he actually ended up being 2 1/2 weeks old when we moved.

I wish I had taken more pictures of the moving process in Utah, but I had just had a baby and so we were either nursing or sleeping most of the time. Also, Boeing packed us and moved us, so we didn't actually do all that much. It was pretty great. Okay, it was REALLY great.

Here is Will's very first airplane ride at 2 1/2 weeks old. I was super nervous, but he did fantastic!



This is one of the only pictures I have of us in the hotel while we waited the few days for our stuff to arrive. Our cars didn't arrive until a week or so after that.


This is what our dining room looked like in our new apartment (after quite a few boxes had already been unpacked or put into other rooms).



This is Daniel putting together Will's crib. I would like to add that I LOVE having him in his own room.


This is a picture of Will's very first nap in his crib (which we had had for months, but never set up in Utah). Don't worry - I immediately tucked the blanket far away from his face so there was no suffocation hazard!



We are LOVING Washington for many reasons:
-I actually like the clouds. My sensitive eyes are very happy here.
-I love not having to coat myself with sunblock every day.
-We came at a good time of year, so there have been a surprising amount of sunny days.
-The air smells good and there are trees everywhere.
-Everyone is very friendly. We really love our new ward at church.
-We have friends who moved here with us, friends that have family here (so they will be visiting), and I have family here.
-Although we miss the big house that we were house-sitting in for the last 18 months, I love being able to clean my entire apartment so quickly.
-There are all kinds of new places to eat at! I love food!
-Daniel is really enjoying his job.
-Boeing has been wonderful during the whole moving/settling in process.
-I love staying home. Teaching 1st Grade was a wonderful job, and I miss the great people I worked with, but staying home with Will has been the best thing ever!!




No comments: