Thursday, August 2, 2012

FOOD

Here in the Larsen family, we love food. Food is what I plan every vacation (okay, even a quick trip out of the house) around. We love to eat - and Will loves to nurse. He loves to nurse every 2 1/2 hours or so (and sometimes more often). So we thought that he was going to love eating "real" food.

The doctor said to start introducing rice cereal between 4 to 6 months. Being the patient people that we are, we decided to start exactly on his 4 month birthday. 

We got the food ready. 



We got the baby ready. 



And...


(my personal favorite)


Hmm. It was not as successful as we thought it would be. There was shock, revulsion, panicked breathing, and gagging.

I tried to make it exciting.


Daniel tried to make it exciting.


It soon became obvious that not one bite was going to be swallowed.


Since then, we have managed a few bites of avocado and then a few bites of rice cereal (but only when mixed with applesauce). Still, after so many sad pictures, I think we need to end on a happy one. Look at my handsome boys all ready for church the next day:


Thankfully, Will had forgiven us for the betrayal of trust the day before.


2 comments:

Becky said...

Cute first food pictures! He is a cutie. Each baby is ready when they are ready. It seems most doctors push for you to start at 4 months but you don't have to up until 6 months.

I started feeding Asher cereal at about 4 1/2 months but he just was not into it/ready at first so I waited a couple of weeks and now he just loves everything I give him!

Ashley said...

Michael was the same way about nursing... so I was thrilled when he started real food. I think I tried "real" food at 5 ish months and he hated it... so we waited a few weeks, and by 6 months he was great, still nursing, but loving food. Have you tried pear sauce? Michael was really against applesauce but both peach and pear puree were hits!