Sunday, October 7, 2012

Awesome Recipes - Turtle Ice Cream Sauce

I never got where "turtle" title came from in reference to dessert. It's not particularly descriptive.... But in all fairness, when does that matter? I've never suffered any hurt from "Death by Chocolate".

I don't get it, though. Turtle? Perhaps someday I will. One can hope.

At any rate, this Turtle Ice Cream Sauce is pretty awesome. I first tasted it at my sister's wedding reception (the recipe itself is from my mother-in-law), and I was hooked.

Ingredients
  1. 2 cup butter
  2. 2 12 oz. can evaporated milk
  3. 2 cup sugar
  4. 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
  5. 1/8 tsp salt
  6. 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  7. 1 14 oz bag caramels
  8. 1 tsp vanilla
Directions
  • Combine the first 7 ingredients in a heavy sauce pan
  • Heat (low to medium) and stir constantly until the caramels are melted - do not boil
  • Reduce heat (to low) and add vanilla
  • Beat with electric mixer for 5 minutes
  • Remove from heat and cool
Enjoy this banging sauce over ice cream!

No comments: